Orthopaedic surgery residents receive benefits from both the Department of Graduate Medical Education at Rush University Medical Center as well as from the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Detailed information regarding the benefits provided by the Department of Graduate Medical Education at Rush University Medical Center can be found here.
- $300 annual stipend to the Rush Bookstore (iPad mini in lieu of stipend intern year)
- Annual (calendar year) $1,000 LEAP funds for registration costs for workshops, seminars, symposiums and conferences
- Access to Rush University library resources
- Health Insurance for residents and reduced rates for dependents
- Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 4 weeks of vacation annually
- On-Call Room & Meals
- White coats
- Mileage reimbursement for rotations away from the main campus
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Rush University Medical Center also provides several resources to our reisdents to enhance their educational experiences.
- Loupes, The North Face Jackets, and Timbuktu bag provided at the beginning of residency
- AAOS Resident Membership including subscription to JAAOS
- Book Fund ($4,000 for the duration of the residency)
- Travel funds for those presenting a podium presentation at major meetings
- $1,500 travel funds for Chief Residents to attend the AAOS annual meeting
- Subscription to the AAOS ResStudy Program
- Assigned desks in the orthopaedic Library
- Lockers in the orthopaedic Library
- State of the art orthopaedic simulators, which residents have access to 24/7